The RULES of the Friday Photo Forum (#FriFotos)
- Every Friday people from across the globe gather on Twitter to share their favorite images that match the Forum’s weekly category. #FriFotos is a day-long event, and people can participate and Tweet images throughout the day.
- We will announce the weekly subject or category on Twitter usually on Monday or Tueday. Recent themes have been Autumn, Where I would rather be…, and Childhood Categories vary from personal travel experiences to everyday life to fun and off-the-wall subject matter. Just search for #FriFotos to find the week’s topic.
- When the forum begins, by simply using the hashtag #FriFotos in your Tweets, Tweeters from Alabama to Zambia will be able to see your favorite pictures.
- #FriFotos is for everyone. Anyone can join. You can choose to simply look at the varied pictures or submit your own. Whether a photography novice or a professional – it doesn’t matter if you shot the picture on your IPhone, Blackberry, Leica, Canon or Nikon – we hope you will share your images with the Twitterverse. We think this is a great way to discover new people, great images, and learn from each other. There is no right or wrong. #FriFotos is about opening people’s eyes to photography and engaging in fun conversation. Your image might be very different from someone else’s perspective of what the topic is. That’s the point! Jump on in and share.
- We believe strongly in giving photographers credit for their work. If it is your image, share that with your tweet and tell the story behind the picture. If it is someone else’s picture please give the photographer credit for their work. If you are unsure of the photographer please at least give the website credit where you found the image. Bottom line: We do not support or condone photography piracy.
- Finally, we would love to hear from you. If you have ideas for categories or ways to enhance #FriFotos, please feel free to leave a comment on this blog, Carpe Noctem. You can also tweet Jonathan at @EpsteinTravels. He is eager to hear from you.
Have fun and remember #FriFotos!
#FriFotos was started on 15 October 2010 by Jonathan Epstein (@EpsteinTravels). Jonathan is the President and Owner of Celebrated Experiences, a company focusing on travel to the UK and Ireland. He is passionate about photography, his favorite hobby. Each week Jonathan cohosts #FriFotos with Stephanie Diehl (@TravelDesigned), Charles Yap (@CharlesYap), and two guest co-hosts that change each week. Jeffrey Epstein (@jeffreyinmotion), CEO of HBIM was a key advisor in the creation of #FriFotos and continues to assist in the Forum’s growth and success.